Friday, May 29, 2009

Customer Service

I don't know about the rest of you but it seems to me if you are finished with your business, the last thing you should hear is, "Thank You!" not "See ya," "Come back," or "Have a nice day" or worse, nothing but a look that tells you to skedaddle on out the door so they can get money from another sucker. "Thank You" could precede those, but it is seldom anymore that I even hear it and I've been paying close attention.



My youngest sister and I have had this conversation more than once. It used to be that almost all businesses really appreciated your patronage. You would walk in and the clerk or service person would rush to find out how they could help you or make you more comfortable then when you were ready to pay out, they would ask if you found everything okay, said please and thank you. You left feeling like you were really appreciated and you were ready to go back.



I will admit that I had a refreshing experience (after many bad ones) at our local grocery store recently. It is under new management that has come in from the "city." He has been cracking the proverbial whip and shaping the store up. The floors are cleaner. The cans are stacked neater. The veggies fresher. There are sackers when you need them. AND the checkers are courteous and really do say, "Thank You."


I had a nice day.



Share some of your experiences with me using the comments link below.



1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how the moral decay has been happening in every area of society. Being polite and thankful is no longer something given any thought. To me it starts in the schools and for decades it has been getting worse. It is ALL about ME and who cares about anything else. Except the libs talk about compassion but that is all it is - TALK and the drones and lemmings follow and are blind to what is actually taking place. A day of reckoning is on the way !!!

    ReplyDelete