Thursday, August 20, 2009

1934 Political Cartoon from the Chicago Tribune

1934 Political Cartoon from the Chicago Tribune

History does tend to repeat itself, doesn't it? Only the names have changed!..Sharon

If you can't read the signs here is what they say:

One on side of wagon: Young pinkies from Columbia and Harvard

ON back of wagon: Depleting the resources of the soundest government in the world

Bottle in hand says Power

The tags on the individuals are names

The sign in the bottom left: Plan of action for US........SPEND SPEND SPEND Under the guise of recovery-bust the government-blame the capitalists for the failure-junk the constitution and declare a dictatorship!

To the left of that sign it says: It worked in Russia

Stalin in the background is saying: How red the sunrise is getting.

I don't even need to add anything to this. Sad,huh?........Sharon

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!
    Why do I feel like laughing and crying at the same time... (sad grin) At least there is hope! I still feel like I can laugh. Unfortunately, soon, I don't think anyone will be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have seen this cartoon several times. The way I look at it I have read God's word and VICTORY is ours. We are told there will be tribulation and we are seeing it now more than ever. God has my hand in His and is walking with me as I take each step. His word is clear not to put your trust in man - man will fail you over and over. And we know that in November 2008 many made that choice. It is like the old saying "be careful what you ask for". Many heard the words "change & hope" and rushed to the person who said the words. Choices have consequences and we are seeing the consequences unfold right before our eyes. The first comment talked about hope yet in ending her comment she said she can laugh now but soon no one will be able to. God is our HOPE and He is bigger than any man or problem. There is a remnant crying out to God and He hears them calling on His name. II Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Throughout the bible there are many instances of a remnant standing up and God heard their cry and displayed His power. May His power come forth again.
    Your friend Bob

    ReplyDelete